Taking the time to innovate towards a more conscious way of producing is one thing, but managing to spread the word is another. ISKO™ took the opportunity to share its love for planet friendly production in the most creative of ways at these years Copenhagen Fashion Summit.
Firstly through the ISKO I-SKOOL™ 2016 reloaded, where students were asked to take part in an exhibition displaying projects that had led them to the finals of last year’s competition. Here they worked with the same designs, but using the environmental-friendly formula with influence from ISKO EARTH FIT™ and Tonello fabric treatments.
Alongside this exhibition was the Technology Innovation exploration. Here a select group of key speakers were lead by ISKO™’s global marketing director Marco Lucietti. The panel, moderated by WGSN denim editor Dio Kurazawa looked at how promising technologies will change industry’s current methods. Think 3D printing, robotics and more.
ISKO™ main sponsor at the Copenhagen Fashion Summit: why each step really counts.
Throughout its history, ISKO™ has put sustainability on the top of its own approach. “That’s why in ISKO™ we talk about responsible innovation. Everything has to be done in the name of respect for people, for employees, for suppliers and for the planet” explains Lucietti. As global leader in denim production, ISKO™ takes its sustainable practices very seriously and at every level:
The discarded cotton and yarn throughout the production process at the ISKO™ factory is collected and spun again using sophisticated SANKO textile machinery. Recycled materials are woven as fabrics using a recycling process that takes place in-house.
- The raw materials.
ISKO™’s yarn supplier is SANKO Yarn, a member of SANKO Group, a pioneer supporter of organic cotton production in Turkey. SANKO’s main objective is to minimize the most harmful inputs and minimize the most polluting outputs to reduce the level of chemical residuals left on the textile. By adopting organic cotton treatment and processing standards at SANKO, it has managed to lower the impact of heavy chemicals on all processes.
- The processes.
ISKO™ has proven its serious eco-commitment throughout the years:
– The water purification plant in the local community where the group is based was mostly financed by ISKO™;
– A filtration and treatment plant cleans the water used in the manufacturing process, redirecting it for other industrial and civil purposes;
– CO2 emissions in the atmosphere deriving from fabric finishing are reduced through state of the art chimney stack filters;
– Fabric dyeing technologies enable reduced usage of water. The target is elimination of water during indigo yarn dyeing;
– New garment finishing technologies minimize usage of water.